Thursday, December 4, 2008

A "Purple Cow" Sighting


Have you heard the one about the woman in California who is unemployed and frustrated with her job search so she purchases iron on decals and puts her cover letter and resume on her shirt?

Kelly Kinney did just this when she saw a guy in line with a T-shirt and thought, ‘People pay attention to things they read on T-shirts,'" Kinnney said. She turned her resume and cover letter into two iron-ons that she put on a white T-shirt. "I'm in marketing. I have to do anything I can to get noticed," she said.
I have a hard time seeing her getting a dream job using this approach, but I have to give her credit getting the attention of others. Do you think others will follow her lead? What is too far? Will possible future employers even take her seriously when they stand behind her at the grocery store or any other line that she is?
Read the full article and share your thoughts.

No comments: