Monday, June 8, 2009

Name That Tune...

The right song can help a product shine -- but the wrong one can hit an off note. Billboard consulted with a six-person panel of experts in advertising and branding to determine our list of the best five songs in commercials -- and five that made viewers reach for their remotes.

Click here to read the entire article and then tell me if you agree or disagree with this list. What type of criteria would you use to pick the best and worst ad songs of all time. What are your best and worst songs based on that criteria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with the top 5 worst list. I don't see anything wrong with the songs they picked and most of them actually fit the commercial. The only one I thought was weird was having Bob Dylan in the Victorias Secret commercial. I don't think you can have a couple of judges just go pick the top 5 worst and best songs for advertising. I believe it needs to be based around the consumers thoughts and sales.

Max B. P4

Anonymous said...

I like the idea that there are bad songs and good songs, because the right song can really give your ad something extra, but I don't think those 5 worst ads were really that bad of fits. I really liked the top songs on this list though because they add a lot to the ads.

Calvin B. P4