Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Value is Still the Main Ingrediant to Make You #1

Burger King is making up ground with its new edgy campaigns but they are still #2 and will have no chance of being #1 unless they focus more on value Click here to see what I mean

Burger King has been known for their edgy / controversial commercials like the Sponge Bog Square Pants Big butt commercials. These will never take the place of quality food, excellent operational execution, clean and sanitized facilities and value that McDonald's offers.
Value does not mean cheap but it does mean the consumer feels they've gotten value for money paid.
Lets say a marketing campaign somehow convinces an individual to head to BK for lunch. They get there, but the place is a little dirty and the employee behind the counter isn't paying any attention. So the consumer leaves because of lack of value. Was it worth it to run a campaign only the have the customer say I won't be back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda 4th Hour

I completely agree with your thoughts on the edgy/funny commercials and ads that Bk is running lately. I have also noticed that in their campaign commercials there is little to no appearance of someone playing a Burger King employee. When I noticed that for the first time I compared it to how I have been treated when I've gone into a BK. I feel the only reason why they do not show employees in their commercials is because they know their employees reputations of not being very friendly and their lack good customer service. That's the only good/accurate thing about their commercials, they know that their employee customer service is so low that they can't falsely advertise it in their commercials.