Monday, March 23, 2009

Glass So Clean It Is Invisible?

Here is a great example of how effective guerrilla marketing can be. Hire three people for a weekend and have them walk around a city (Chicago) pretending they are holding glass that is "so clean it is invisible." What a great way to tell your story about your brand instead of the same old boring demonstrations. I love how people in the video are stopping, watching, smiling, video taping, and photographing this low cost high appeal glass free promotion.



Even though I love this concept I have to wonder...will this motivate you to purchase Windex the next time you are out of glass cleaner when an available substitute is sitting right next to it for a lower price?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty Cool, I like the idea, gets people thinking and thinking about the brand. Creative way to get the brand name out there and an interesting marketing campaign that may save windex some $$$
-Dan C. P.4

Anonymous said...

I thought this was funny and very creative. Especially for a product as simple as Windex, you need an interesting way to get your product out there to show it works really well. I also like how throughout the whole thing, you could see the backs of the guys outfits saying "Windex" so you are looking at that the whole time being constantly reminded what product this is advertising. Although this is a very creative way and I give Windex its props, it wouldn't change my mind to buy it instead of the cheaper one. I feel like the cheaper one does the same exact thing and does just as much as good of a job, so why spend more money just to get the same job done?
kourtney m p.6